1/1 Photo of Okra & Tomatoes
An easy and tasty recipe. Best made with fresh okra and really good served over white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and trim okra just before cooking. Cut each okra in half lengthwise, if there are any pieces longer than 4 inches, cut them in half crosswise and then lengthwise.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a deep sided skillet over medium heat and add the onions along with the salt; cook until they begin to soften, approximately 4 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- 4Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 5Decrease the heat to low and add the okra. Stir to combine.
- 6Cook, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra & Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 903.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g