Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cooking time is chill time.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces frozen okra
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- torn assorted lettuce
- In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook okra in oil, in two batches, until lightly browned.
- Drain, cool.
- Combine okra, tomatoes, celery and onions; mix lightly.
- In blender container, combine vinegar, wine and soy sauce.
- Add combined seasonings and garlic.
- With blender running, gradually add oil, mixing until well blended.
- Add 1/2 cup dressing to okra mixture; toss lightly, chill.
- Serve on lettuce and offer remaining dressing on side.