Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you are not an okra fan try this recipe with broccoli.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen okra
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- hot pepper sauce (Texas Pete)
- 3 slices bread, turned into soft bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon
- Cook okra according to package directions, drain.
- In a blender combine cottage cheese, eggs, 4 T.
- of the butter and flour.
- Whirl to smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and fold in okra, onion, corn, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and most of the cheese-keep out the amount you want on top.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish (deep).
- In the remaining butter fry the bread crumbs to golden brown, mix with the remaining cheese and crumble on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.