Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a Kwanzaa article
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cream of wheat
- For Soup:.
- Saute onion and chile peppers in hot oil 1 minute.
- Add okra and tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, broth and tomato paste; return to a simmer and cook, stirring often for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, salt, pepper, and sage and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve with Fou Fou on top.
- Fou Fou:.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil and add salt.
- Gradually add Cream-of-Wheat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring vigorously, 3-4 minutes, or until thick.
- Press into a 1 quart bowl sprinkled with cold water.
- Invert onto a serving plate and serve immediately.