Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a delicious vegetarian soup that's very easy to make.
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cabbage, sliced
- 1 lb sliced okra (frozen ok)
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- Add water, tomatoes, cabbage, okra, potatoes, onion, rotel, sugar, salt and pepper together in a large Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat.
- Cover and simmer 45-50 minutes.
- Stir together flour, evaporated milk and butter in a small bowl until blended.
- Slowly add to soup and stir until thick.
- Add corn, mix well, and simmer 5 more minutes.