Recipe by Sharon123
Blanching keeps the okra crisp and firm in this yummy marinated salad.
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
I couldn't find any fresh okra so defrosted frozen okra. The texture was slimy, but the flavor was great, so I definitely want to try it again when I can find fresh okra. Not giving a star rating until I try it with fresh okra.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb small okra pods
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separatedinot rings
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients, and stir well.
- Blanch okra in boiling water 3 minutes.
- Combine warm okra, onion, and garlic in a 12x8x2-inch dish.
- Pour vinaigrette over okra mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Marinate at least 2 hours; drain.
- Arrange on serving plate with tomato slices; if desired.