Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and super easy recipe. When my mother was pregnant with me this is what she craved and my grandmother made it for her almost everyday. Recently, while I was pregnant, my mother made it for me I have to admit it tasted very yummy! This is a great summer salad, nice and refreshing, but also is very good during the winter months.
- Wash okra and cut into pieces, discard the tops.
- Roll okra in flour and fry in a pan in vegetable oil until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel until cool.
- When okra has cooled completely, place in a bowl with diced tomatoes and onion.
- Gently stir together and salt to taste.
This recipe is so simple.......but I could eat it every day when fresh okra and tomatoes are in season........
This is the recipe that I have used for years. We eat it warm from cooking the okra with a little finely shredded cheddar cheese. This is strictly summertime fare in our house because we use fresh from the garden veggies. If you love fried okra, you will not be disappointed with this simple summer jewel.
simple yet really good