Recipe by Lacy S.
This is a quick and super easy recipe. When my mother was pregnant with me this is what she craved and my grandmother made it for her almost everyday. Recently, while I was pregnant, my mother made it for me I have to admit it tasted very yummy! This is a great summer salad, nice and refreshing, but also is very good during the winter months.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash okra and cut into pieces, discard the tops.
- Roll okra in flour and fry in a pan in vegetable oil until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel until cool.
- When okra has cooled completely, place in a bowl with diced tomatoes and onion.
- Gently stir together and salt to taste.