From 'Tried & True Grit'. I have not made it as written, but made a smaller batch that could be stored in the fridge -- simmering ONE pound of okra pods in a brine of 1/2 c vinegar, 1 c water, 1 T salt, 1 t red pepper flakes, 1 clove garlic, & 1/2 t dill seed. Fresh dill would've been good if I had it. Use the smallest okra pods you can find; otherwise they can be stringy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pack okra firmly into hot sterilized jars.
- 2Put a garlic bud in each jar.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 4Pour brine into jars.
- 5Seal and process 10 minutes at 180-200 degrees F.
- 6Let ripen several weeks before opening.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra Pickle
Serving Size: 1 (3260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9464.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g