My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the onions in the oil until tender.
- 2Add the tomatoes, garlic and spice mix; simmer about 5-8 minutes to blend the flavors.
- 3Wait till the last minute to first wash, then dry and cut the okra (about 1/4 inch) to help prevent bleeding.
- 4Add the okra and peppers to the pot, cover and simmer until the okra is tender.
- 5For a main dish, add smoked sausage, or cubed, cooked chicken or pork and serve over rice.
- 6This is also excellent with black beans mixed in!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra Medley--Great As a Side or a Main Dish
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: