Okra Medley--Great As a Side or a Main Dish
- Cook the onions in the oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and spice mix; simmer about 5-8 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Wait till the last minute to first wash, then dry and cut the okra (about 1/4 inch) to help prevent bleeding.
- Add the okra and peppers to the pot, cover and simmer until the okra is tender.
- For a main dish, add smoked sausage, or cubed, cooked chicken or pork and serve over rice.
- This is also excellent with black beans mixed in!