Recipe by Brian Holley
A good side dish to go with a curry. for this dish use FRESH okra, tinned is too fragile.
- 1 lb fresh okra
- 2 1⁄2 cups full fat yogurt
- 5 tablespoons gram flour
- 1⁄4 pint water
- 2 teaspoons chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon green chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 10 cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 20 curry leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the yogurt, gram flour and the water.
- Puree the ginger with the chilli.
- Boil the yogurt mixture in a pot and add the ginger/chilli puree, sugar and salt, stir well.
- Add the okra and reduce the heat.
- In another pan melt the ghee and fry the cloves, fenugreek and cumin seeds for 1 minute.
- Add this to the pan with the okra and stir the curry leaves inches.
- Cook on low heat for 20 mins till okra is tender.