Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This tangy vegetable dish can be served as an accompaniment, but also makes an excellent vegetarian meal served with a lentil dish (Tarka Dhal) and Indian bread (roti or chapatis).
- Wash, top and tail the okra, cut into 1 cm pieces and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion seeds, green chillies and onion and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has turned golden.
- Lower the heat and add the turmeric and coconut, and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the okra, turn the heat to medium-high and quickly stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the yoghurt, tomatoes and finally the fresh coriander. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.