This tangy vegetable dish can be served as an accompaniment, but also makes an excellent vegetarian meal served with a lentil dish (Tarka Dhal) and Indian bread (roti or chapatis).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, top and tail the okra, cut into 1 cm pieces and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, add the onion seeds, green chillies and onion and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion has turned golden.
- 3Lower the heat and add the turmeric and coconut, and fry for about 1 minute.
- 4Add the okra, turn the heat to medium-high and quickly stir-fry for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- 5Add the yoghurt, tomatoes and finally the fresh coriander. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 6Transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra in Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 20.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: