Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra (whole or cut)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 canned green chili peppers, rinsed, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet cook onions and garlic in hot oil till onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, okra, water, vinegar, green chili peppers, salt, coriander, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
I love okra, tomatoes, and onions, so I knew I'd like this. The addition of the vinegar and diced pepers was wonderful. I'd serve with some bread to sop up the garlic infused oil, or serve over rice. This was great....thanks for sharing.