Recipe by Sandeep Godkhindi
A nice and popular side dish for any party!
Top Review by Chef N
This recipe was very tasty, though I just cut up the okra into bite sized peices and I didn't dry it. I just fried it fresh. The garam masala gave it a very distinct flavor so it didn't just taste like a fried vegetable.
- 1 kg okra
- 2 -3 tablespoons thick plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (BESAN)
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the okra.
- Cut of the stem.
- Shred the okra Length-wise (4 Shreds per okra Minimum).
- Dry the shredded okra.
- Add all the other ingredients except oil and mix thoroughly.
- Note that the individual shreds should get coated by the mixture.
- Ensure that the coating is thick and is not running at all.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry okra in hot oil in small batches.
- Fry till brown.
- Remove excess oil by draining on paper towel.
- DO NOT COVER AT ALL.
- Serve along with rest of the dishes in a flat salad or rice serving tray.