These are so unique and so addictive! Fun to make, too!
Make and share this Okra Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra, about 2/3 lb. or so
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- salt (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients until mixed.
- Stir in okra.
- Pour oil into deep skillet (chicken fryer), about 2" deep of oil, and heat to 350 degrees.
- Drop okra mixture by tablespoonsful into hot oil carefully, and cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on papertowels.
- Sprinkle with a little salt if desired and serve immediately.
- *2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed, may be subbed for sliced fresh okra. Thaw, then set on papertowels.
I've never made okra fritters before with parmesan, but I loved the addition. Just the right amount of spiciness and great flavor. Made for Dining Daredevils ZWT 5
WOW! These were wonderful! I used frozen sliced okra from my garden instead of fresh. These came together very quickly and were just great. Made for Beverage Tag.