- 3 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sliced okra
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen onion, seasoning blend
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings.
- Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Serve over rice, if desired.