This was the "Recipe of the Day" in today's email from a local grocery store. I am posting it so I remember it when my okra and tomatoes are ready (I'll have to buy the corn!). I have to guess on the prep and cooking times since the recipe says it takes 45 minutes total to make, yet gives no definite times within the recipe.
- Heat butter and oil in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add okra; cook, stirring occasionally, until okra no longer forms "strings."
- Stir in corn and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, over low heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I've grown up eating a variation of this recipe....usually had onions in it as well. Now, I add some garlic too. I made this as posted to be true to the recipe, and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
My biggest complaint for many okra dishes is that it is slimey. By cooking the okra until it no longer "strings" that eliminated the problem. This is a delicious recipe that I made with the first of fresh garden okra.
Just had to review this recipe. I have made this recipe, minus the measurements for years. I am a throw it in the pan, cook. This is a really great way to use those fresh veggies and at times, I also cut up a fresh onion in it. Thanks for submitting.