Recipe by Dienia B.
Inspired from the Food Doctor; has fried garlic on top.
Top Review by breezermom
What a wonderful surprise! I used ground round and cooked it with the onions before mixing with the okra, tomatoes, and spices. I also added some salt. I've never used cinnamon and allspice with okra before, but it worked wonderfully. The crispy sliced garlic was the perfect garnishment. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb okra, small just top removed
- 1 lb hamburger
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix okra, hamburger, tomatoes, onion, allspice, and cinnamon together.
- Place mixture in a covered pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, fry garlic until crisp in olive oil.
- You might want to try 1 clove of garlic and work your way up.
- When casserole is done, pour mixture over top.