Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Bhindi also known as Okra or Lady Finger in spicy gravy
Make and share this Okra/Bhindi Masala (Indian-Punjabi Style) recipe from Food.com.
- Dice the onions .
- Dice the tomotoes.
- Chop the chillies and corainder.
- Slice Bhindi ( Okra) in long pieces.
- Heat the oil in pan and add the Bhindi pieces. Shallow Fry them. ( If you wish you can also deep fry the bhindi pieces).
- Keep the fried bhindi aside.
- Heat 3 spoons of oil in a pan. Add the Bay leaves and cloves.
- After a minute add onions and fry them until light brown.
- Add the chopped green chilli pieces .
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for one minute.
- Add Garam masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato pieces, red chilli powder and salt, cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft. Stir carefully if needed to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Add fried okra and mix slowly. Keep on heat for two more minutes and then remove the pan.
- Sprinkle some more garam masala on top .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.