Bhindi also known as Okra or Lady Finger in spicy gravy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the onions .
- 2Dice the tomotoes.
- 3Chop the chillies and corainder.
- 4Slice Bhindi ( Okra) in long pieces.
- 5Heat the oil in pan and add the Bhindi pieces. Shallow Fry them. ( If you wish you can also deep fry the bhindi pieces).
- 6Keep the fried bhindi aside.
- 7Heat 3 spoons of oil in a pan. Add the Bay leaves and cloves.
- 8After a minute add onions and fry them until light brown.
- 9Add the chopped green chilli pieces .
- 10Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for one minute.
- 11Add Garam masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- 12Add tomato pieces, red chilli powder and salt, cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft. Stir carefully if needed to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- 13Add fried okra and mix slowly. Keep on heat for two more minutes and then remove the pan.
- 14Sprinkle some more garam masala on top .
- 15Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okra/Bhindi Masala (Indian-Punjabi Style)
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 612.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: