Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom used to fix this when we were little - of course, I didn't care for it then - but now I could eat the whole thing myself.
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh okra, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Fry bacon; remove from pan, dry on paper towel.
- Fry onion and bell pepper in bacon grease over medium heat; add okra and tomatoes.
- Top with bacon.
- Stirring often, cook about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain of excess grease.
These were great. I think next time I make this, which will be tonight, I'll add the tomatoes at the end of cooking so that they don't get so soft.
Great recipe. I love fresh veggies and this is just the recipe for all those garden goodies that are in abundance right now. Thanks for the great recipe.