Recipe by BETHANY T.
My boyfriend loves okra. I have never eaten it before, let alone how to cook it. But I saw some fresh okra in my store on sale this week and bought it. I searched for recipes, there were plenty for fried, stewed with tomatoes, and for gumbo. I had no clue. So I just asked him how he likes it. I used his basic method and added the onion and garlic on my own. Tastes pretty good!
- 1 lb whole fresh okra
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add okra, uncut--whole.
- In a separate sauté pan, heat butter then sauté onions until tender.
- Okra should be tender at this time. Drain okra from water then add to butter and onions.
- Add garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes.