Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the fact that this is such an easy recipe to make. A few ingredients in hand and you are ready to go. The ingredients are available in Indian Stores or big supermarkets.Thanks again mum..
- 2 cups okra, cut to 1cm discs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sambhar powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- In a wok/pan, add okra, salt, tamarind pulp and turmeric -this prevents the okra from becoming slimy. After it comes to a boil, adjust the heat to medium and let it cook through.
- Ater the okra is soft and done, add the Sambar Powder.
- Ready to eat! Vary the ingredients according to your own taste. Goes very well with chappatis, puris or yoghurt rice.
A very easy, tasty recipe. I added mustard seeds and curry leaves, sauteed first in a little oil, and some roasted desiccated coconut to finish. We had this with rice and aloo gobi.