- 2 cups okra, cut to 1cm discs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sambhar powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok/pan, add okra, salt, tamarind pulp and turmeric -this prevents the okra from becoming slimy. After it comes to a boil, adjust the heat to medium and let it cook through.
- Ater the okra is soft and done, add the Sambar Powder.
- Ready to eat! Vary the ingredients according to your own taste. Goes very well with chappatis, puris or yoghurt rice.