I found this recipe from the package of okonomi sauce. You can change the meat, seafood and vegetable ingredients to suit your taste. I added some shredded carrots and chopped onions when I made this the first time. Some recipes asked for corn and green onions as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces cooked chicken or 4 ounces beef, cut into strips
- 10 large cabbage leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces cooked cut up shrimp (or seafood, cut into bite size)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup okonomi sauce
- 1/2 cup bonito flakes, half cup depending on your preference
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, depends on your preference
- 1Mix flour with water.
- 2Stir in eggs, meat and veggies.
- 3Heat oil on a griddle or large skillet.
- 4Pour enough batter to make a single serving griddle cake (about 6 inch across and 1/2 inch thick).
- 5Cook both sides until golden brown over medium heat. (around 5 minutes).
- 6Transfer to serving plate and top with bonito flakes, mayonnaise, and okonomi sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okonomiyaki-Meat and Vegetable Griddle Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 295.6 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: