Recipe by Sealy
My mom used to make these savory "pancakes" when I was younger and now that I am mostly vegan I am missing them terribly. So I decided to try to make an eggless version and it turned out pretty good! The potato is the binding agent that replaces the eggs. I hope the amounts are okay, they seemed to work for me. The "ham slices" below are the veggie simulated kind. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 mushrooms (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (155 g) package vegetarian ham (optional)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together Flour, Water, and Mashed Potatoes and then lastly add the Cabbage. (I know people don't usually have mashed potatoes hanging about but if you don't have time to make them before hand, try another egg replacer to see what happens?).
- Heat a skillet on medium, adding a little bit of oil. Cut up the Sandwich "Meat" and/or mushrooms and fry them slightly ( if you fry the veggie ham for too long they will become too crunchy). Right over the ham/mushroom pieces, pour in one third of the mix and spread it around in the frying pan so that it becomes a "pancake" shape (Conversely, you can mix the "ham" into the mix above and skip this step).
- Cook for 5 mins (I usually cover it with a pan lid).
- Flip. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for the last two pancakes.
- Mix together equal parts of mayonnaise and BBQ sauce for the sauce to spread on the "pizza".
- If you're vegan, you're on your own for finding/making vegan mayo and bbq sauce, but I know it's doable!
- Note for Eggless option you MUST use Vegan mayo. Mayo has eggs unless stated as Vegan.