Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Japanese-styled vegetable pancake. Ingredients like bacons, onion, crabstick can be substitute with other seafood and quatities are up to personal liking.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dashi powder (dissolved in 125ml of water)
- 170 g okonomiyaki flour
- 450 g cabbage (shredded)
- 2 onions (shredded)
- 150 -200 g bacon (cut)
- 80 -100 g imitation crabmeat
- 50 g fresh shiitake mushrooms (shredded)
- masterfood barbecue sauce (or tonkatsu sauce)
- bonito flakes
- combine eggs and dashi mixture in a small bowl. stir in flour and mix well til smooth.
- add in shredded cabbage, mushroom, onions, bacon and crabstick to the pancake batter and mix well.
- heat a frying pan over medium heat. pour a bit of oil, heat and add in the pancake batter to fry.
- fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown then flip the pancake over and fry for a few minutes.
- repeat step 3 and 4 until the batter has finished.
- remove the pancake, add in the toppings and serve hot.