Recipe by No Stress Chef
Just like how you'd get it in Kobe. My friend from Kobe showed me how to make it.
- 2 1⁄4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium potato, shredded
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dashi
- 2 tablespoons shrimp crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon bonito flakes
- 1⁄4 lb squid ring
- 1⁄2 cup kim chee
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- bonito flakes
- chili powder
- okonomiyaki sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, flour, egg, water, potato, green onions, dashi, crushed shrimp cracker and bonito flake.
- Put olive oil in bottom of medium skillet. Heat to medium. Add 1/2 of cabbage mixture and spread out over the entire bottom of the skillet to make a kind of "pancake".
- Arrange 1/2 of the squid tube rings, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the kimchee on top of the cabbage mixture. Cook about 10 minutes until "pancake" starts to brown.
- Carefully flip over the "pancake" and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set on plate.
- Repeat, making a second serving with other 1/2 of ingredients.
- Top with any of the following: okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, bonito flakes or chili powder.