Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like how you'd get it in Kobe. My friend from Kobe showed me how to make it.
Make and share this Okonomiyaki recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium potato, shredded
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dashi
- 2 tablespoons shrimp crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon bonito flakes
- 1⁄4 lb squid ring
- 1⁄2 cup kim chee
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- bonito flakes
- chili powder
- okonomiyaki sauce
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, flour, egg, water, potato, green onions, dashi, crushed shrimp cracker and bonito flake.
- Put olive oil in bottom of medium skillet. Heat to medium. Add 1/2 of cabbage mixture and spread out over the entire bottom of the skillet to make a kind of "pancake".
- Arrange 1/2 of the squid tube rings, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the kimchee on top of the cabbage mixture. Cook about 10 minutes until "pancake" starts to brown.
- Carefully flip over the "pancake" and cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set on plate.
- Repeat, making a second serving with other 1/2 of ingredients.
- Top with any of the following: okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, bonito flakes or chili powder.