1/1 Photo of Okonomi Yaki (Veggie Pancakes)
These patties may remind you of Tempura but are really quite different. Serve them with a nice spicy sauce or with soy sauce. Some like to put butter on them. It depends on your meal or if you are eating them as a snack. They are very tasty. The number of srvings will depend on how you are using them. They make excellent appetizers if you make tiny pancakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded (apprx 3-4 cups, red, Green or Chinese)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups white flour (you may need a bit more)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- enough water, to make a batter
- 1/2 cup left over meat (optional) or 1/2 cup chicken (optional) or 1/2 cup fish (optional)
- 1Mix together the veggies.
- 2Mix together the remaining ingredients to form a smooth, pourable batter.
- 3Mix the veggies in the batter the mixture should be of a consistency that you can spoon the patties on to the skillet, if not,adjuster with either water or flour.
- 4On a heated sprayed with oil skillet drop spoonfuls of batter (apprx3 tbsp per pattie).
- 5Your heat should be medium.
- 6Brown well on one side flip and brown on the other.
- 7Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okonomi Yaki (Veggie Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 732.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 16.4 g