Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Living in Kansas City, we have a wide range of BBQ joints to choose from, but our favorite has always been Oklahoma Joe's in the heart of KC! This is a mixture of flavors - sweet, peppery and spicy. You'll love it!
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml packed brown sugar
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, onion powder, white pepper and black pepper.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature!
A great rub. I used it on some pork ribs which I cooked in the crockpot on low for about 6 hours. I drained the liquid (there was a lot!), then added some bbq sauce and cooked for another hour on low. Delicious and so tender!
I used this on some beautiful baby back ribs which I smoked. They came out great, and the rub has all the notes you are looking for in a great BBQ. Thanks for posting this.
I used this last week on some pork ribs that I smoked with Hickory. Let me start by saying thank you for a really great recipe. They weren't too sweet, and the flavors came through the smoke nicely. Just a really great rub, and I will definitely be experimenting with this on some other smoked delicacies!