Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy one dish meal. Very filling
- 1⁄2 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup dry quick-cooking rice
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces salsa and cream cheese flavored baked tortilla chips, crushed (approximately 32 chips)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Drain, rinse and return to skillet.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic and salt.
- Continue to cook until onion is clear.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and chili beans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Replace lid and continue to cook 2 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle crushed chips edges and serve.