Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Goya is a gourd that is bitter by itself but the egg and spam reduce the bitterness and it WORKS!!! If you have seen it around but don't know what to do with it, try this. There are many healthy properties in the goya.
- 1 (12 ounce) can spam lite, small cubed
- 1 bitter melon, sliced in half lengthwise, scrape inside with spoon well, and slice thin
- 1 (16 ounce) package soft tofu, cut into large chunks (will break up more while cooking)
- 2 slices bacon
- 6 -8 eggs, beaten
- Cook bacon in wok or saucepan on high heat. Remove bacon and leave grease.
- Lightly salt goya, let sit for 3 minutes. Add sliced goya to heat and grease and cook about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly flimsy.
- Add tofu and cook til just browning.
- Add egg and cook til done.
- Serve with soy sauce and cooked cabbage if desired.
I love Goya Champuru. The recipe was great although I did make some changes. I do not enjoy spam so just used the bacon instead. I only used 4 eggs and they were way too many. When you make this recipe, and you should, use probably 2-3 eggs. It helps if you add them slowly.