Recipe by Big Sis
This recipe has been handed down in my family for years. Great with beans and fried potatoes!
Top Review by Darlene Summers
This was a good recipe with limited ingredients which made it very easy to make, and I use my iron skillet for baking many recipes,so I was right at home making this recipe.Thanks for a good recipe. Darlene Summers
- 1 -2 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- enough milk, to make with consistency
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm bacon grease in cast iron pan or skillet in oven at 400 degrees.
- While grease is warming, mix dry ingredients.
- Add egg and enough milk to make with consistency.
- Remove pan from oven and drain grease into mixture.
- Mix well and add back to pan.
- Cook for approx 30 min or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Bread will be nicely browned.