Big Sis's Note:
This recipe has been handed down in my family for years. Great with beans and fried potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm bacon grease in cast iron pan or skillet in oven at 400 degrees.
- 2While grease is warming, mix dry ingredients.
- 3Add egg and enough milk to make with consistency.
- 4Remove pan from oven and drain grease into mixture.
- 5Mix well and add back to pan.
- 6Cook for approx 30 min or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- 7Bread will be nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Okie Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 1180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g