Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been handed down in my family for years. Great with beans and fried potatoes!
Make and share this Okie Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Warm bacon grease in cast iron pan or skillet in oven at 400 degrees.
- While grease is warming, mix dry ingredients.
- Add egg and enough milk to make with consistency.
- Remove pan from oven and drain grease into mixture.
- Mix well and add back to pan.
- Cook for approx 30 min or until toothpick comes out of center clean.
- Bread will be nicely browned.
This was a good recipe with limited ingredients which made it very easy to make, and I use my iron skillet for baking many recipes,so I was right at home making this recipe.Thanks for a good recipe. Darlene Summers
If you love ~real~ cornbread...you'll love this...thanks for posting! :)
Omg..!Omg.!This is exactly how I make it and like you,i love it with beans and potatoes.Oh.!Yummo!To die for,no,i dont want sugar in my cornbread,if I wanted cake.Id make cake.Lol.This recipe is perfect.,i have your fabreze recipe in my tips book,but this tastes so much better.Lol.Thanks big sis,and I love your pic,grey hair and all.