This is a Samoan raw fish dish, similar to Kokoda and ceviche. Use a firm white fish. If possible make your own coconut milk, but canned will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut fish into small cubes about 1cm. Place the fish in a glass dish with 1/3 cup of the lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours but best to leave overnight.
- 2Remove fish from dish and wash and drain well.
- 3Mix the coconut milk with the capsicum, chili, onion and remaining lime juice.
- 4Add well drained fish and season with salt and pepper.
- 5This dish should be eaten on the day as the coconut milk will spoil.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oka - Samoan Raw Fish and Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: