Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ridiculously simple preparation with incredibly elegant flavor. Like a vacation to a slower, more gentle time. Just picture yourself on the porch of an old Victorian mansion. This cake is lovely with a cup of tea, or some lavender lemonade.
- Rinse the lavender blossoms in cold water and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bundt pan with spray-on oil or Baker's Joy.
- Combine cake mix, water (or milk) and eggs together and beat for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the lavender blossoms and lavender essential oil and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 40-45 minutes.
- let cake cool about 10 minutes, then turn cake out of pan onto wire rack. Cool cake completely.
- While the cake cools -- bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a metal bowl and place it atop the saucepan of boiling water to melt the chips, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the grenadine and cream.
- Drizzle warm icing over cooled cake with spoon or whisk.
Made this today for a family gathering and it was a huge hit! Using the Betty Crocker pound cake mix, I added only a teaspoon of dried lavender blossoms and three drops of organic lavender oil. It had enough lavender taste for the women, but not enough to scare off the men! The only change that I would make is the elimination of the grenadine; it made the frosting too pink. I'd use 2 T heavy cream with the chips. I did use lavender colored sprinkles, which would look even better with the white frosting. Thank you so much for posting this!