1 hr 15 mins
Ridiculously simple preparation with incredibly elegant flavor. Like a vacation to a slower, more gentle time. Just picture yourself on the porch of an old Victorian mansion. This cake is lovely with a cup of tea, or some lavender lemonade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box poundcake mix (such as Betty Crocker)
- 3/4 cup water (or milk if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 drops lavender oil, organic preferred
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1Rinse the lavender blossoms in cold water and set aside.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare bundt pan with spray-on oil or Baker's Joy.
- 3Combine cake mix, water (or milk) and eggs together and beat for approximately 3 minutes.
- 4Add the lavender blossoms and lavender essential oil and mix well.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 40-45 minutes.
- 6let cake cool about 10 minutes, then turn cake out of pan onto wire rack. Cool cake completely.
- 7While the cake cools -- bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- 8Place the white chocolate chips in a metal bowl and place it atop the saucepan of boiling water to melt the chips, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- 9Whisk in the grenadine and cream.
- 10Drizzle warm icing over cooled cake with spoon or whisk.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ok, so I Cheated, Lavender Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms