Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/07/drink-this-sleep-like-a-baby/. I haven't tried it yet but it looked interesting so I'm saving it here for another day. "According to Ayurveda, chronic or excessive stress would deplete a precious substance in the body called ojas. Ojas is said to be the physiological expression of consciousness, in charge of immunity, reproduction, beauty, and the overall health and well-being of the individual."
- 1. Add small amounts of first six ingredients to one cup of milk as you slowly bring it to a boil.
- 2. Add Ojas building herbs to the milk. 1/8 tsp or 1 500 mg capsule of each:
- Shatavari (Strength of 100 Husbands, sometimes spelled Shatawari).
- Ashwagandha (Strength of Ten Horses, sometimes spelled Ashwaganda).
- 3. Once the milk, herbs, and ojas-building foods and spices are cooked and off the flame, add 1 tsp of honey.
- Drink one cup of the ojas-building hot milk each night for 3 months to rebuild ojas levels and support sleep patterns.