Recipe by DoryJean54
A fall off the bone slow roasted Pork Butt, good served on soft rolls.
Top Review by carol.overby_13134336
I used applesauce with 1/4 of water ( no apple juice in house) and Emeril' essence for the creole seasoning. I followed the recipe with those exception. Exceptional...pork is tender and very flavorful.
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs pork butt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse pork butt and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper,douse with worcestershire sauce.
- Pour apple juice over.
- Rub with Cajun seasoning.
- Once well seasoned,coat with light brown sugar, slap that butt!
- Heat oven to 450*, bake for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven to 200* and bake for 4-6 hours.
- Check, bake until meat falls off the bone.