Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A fall off the bone slow roasted Pork Butt, good served on soft rolls.
Make and share this Oink-Oink Pork Butt recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs pork butt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Rinse pork butt and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper,douse with worcestershire sauce.
- Pour apple juice over.
- Rub with Cajun seasoning.
- Once well seasoned,coat with light brown sugar, slap that butt!
- Heat oven to 450*, bake for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven to 200* and bake for 4-6 hours.
- Check, bake until meat falls off the bone.
I used applesauce with 1/4 of water ( no apple juice in house) and Emeril' essence for the creole seasoning. I followed the recipe with those exception. Exceptional...pork is tender and very flavorful.
This recipe was superb!! My boyfriend's favorite food is pulled pork & he said this was better than anything he's ever had! It was not only delicious but easy if you have the time. Instead of apple juice I used 1/4c apple cider vinegar & 1/4c water. This will be a recipe that we use often! Thanks DoryJean54 for sharing!!
I wasnt planning on even writting a review, but I had too. I love making slow cooking recipes and this one rocked! I find the hardest thing to pinpoint is a method for the actual cooking times... and this one worked out well.. the hour at a high temp and then 5 hours at the low temp for a 3.55 pound bone in pork shoulder. I didnt trim off the fat on top, but it was really easy to just take it off after. I also added some pineapple juice and a lot more salt and mesquite seasoning.