Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthier alternative to the typical mayo slaws.
Make and share this Oil/Vinegar Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix, with carrots
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 Splenda sugar substitute, packets (stevia works well too)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Made this almost as given, although I did use a red bell pepper instead of the green! We enjoyed it both as a side dish, & equally as much with a bit of it topping a sloppy joe! A great recipe that's worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Loved how light and healthy this is and how nicely it paired with my sandwich. I made as written and must say was pleasantly surprised how nice the bell pepper was in this. Tucking this aside for my next summer pot luck, thanks for the post.
A nice change from the heavier type slaws. Nice balance of tart and sweet. I think I will try red bell pepper next time, for the added color. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.