Recipe by Hadice
My DH got this recipe from a true Cajun while visiting an offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico. Not a typical etouffee, but tasty none the less. This recipe caters to the fact that there are limited grocery options 100 miles from land. Louisiana crawfish tails are the ideal, but Chinese will work as well. Tonys Chachere's More Spice Seasoning is the best Creole seasoning to use.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and pepper in a small amount of oil or non stick cooking spray in a large stockpot.
- Add spices, Rotel, cream of mushroom, water, and crawfish.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Velveeta and adjust spices as desired.
- Stir until Velveeta has melted.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles.