1/1 Photo of Oil Pulling
This is a Ayurvedic practice which is native to the Indian subcontinent and practiced as a form of alternative medicine in the Western world. I am posting this as a form of tooth whitening & tightening of the teeth. It also *may* improve skin conditions. I have found that my face has become clearer since starting this practice. I find it helps our bodies eliminate. I also found I don't crave eating all the time as I used to since beginning this. Please rate this recipe based on the recipe not what you may have read somewhere else. I also use Internal Detox for Glowing Skin in combination with this practice rather than the glass water for my clear skin. (It's a liver detox).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unrefined sunflower oil or 1 tablespoon unrefined sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1Swish and pull 1 tbs of preferred oil through the teeth and around the mouth before brushing, eating or drinking anything in the morning.
- 2Do not swallow.
- 3Do this for 15-20 minutes. You will find that the oil will start to get watery as your saliva mixes with it. Keep swishing. If your jaw muscles get sore while swishing, you're putting too much into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you'll feel very comfortable. Pretty soon, it will become second nature.
- 4When 20 minutes are up, spit the oil into the toilet.
- 5Rinse out your mouth a couple of times with warm water and then brush your teeth and tongue (In Ayurveda tongue cleaning is a part of one's daily hygiene regimen, to remove the toxic debris, known as Ama. It is also an element of traditional Chinese medicine.).
- 6Drink one full glass of water.
- 7This may be repeated 2-3 times throughout the day, 4 hours before eating or 1 hour after drinking. (That is what I have done and saw the results mentioned in the introduction.).
- 8You may eat right away afterward.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oil Pulling
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g