Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is different than the other oil pastry as this has sugar and skim milk in it. I find it doesn't have the oily taste that some others have. The recipe is from the Ohio State University Medical Center-Popular Fat Controlled Low Cholesterol Recipes. Cook time is estimate depending on what you are making. You can brush egg yolk on bottom crust and prebake for 5 minutes.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
FOR DOUBLE CRUST 9 1/2 inch pie
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk (any kind)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- With fork, whip together the salad oil and skim milk.
- Pour over flour mixture.
- Mix with fork until all flour is dampened.
- Reserve about 1/3 of dough for top crust.
- Press remaining dough evenly against bottom and sides of pie plate.
- Fill with fruit filling.
- For top crust, crumble reserved dough and sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake as directed in fruit pie recipe.
- Note: this is for an 8" pie.
- I used all of it in a 9 1/2" pie pan and baked as a single pie crust for a pudding filling when cold.