Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very easy and doesn't use those kinds of fat which are not as good for you. It is also easy to roll out and doesn't make much of a mess.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Combine oil, water, in a bowl and stir.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients in a steady stream while mixing.
- Press dough together.
- Divide into 2 balls of dough and place on a lightly floured board and cover with a clean dish cloth to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out one ball dough between two large pieces of waxed paper until the desired size.
- Repeat with other ball of dough.
- Gently peel off the waxed paper from one side of pastry and lay on the pie pan.
- Gently peel off the other side of the wax paper.
- Makes either 2 individual pie shell bottoms or 1-9" 2 crust pie.
- If making pie shell bottoms after the rolled out pastry lace into a pie pan and prick the pastry all over with the tines of a fork and bake 450°F for 15 minutes.
- If making a single 9 inch pie fill the bottom layer of pastry in the pan with fruit pie filling of choice, top with second pastry, trip around and pierce top pastry with a couple slits made with a knive so that the juice will not boil over in the oven.
- Bake until the fruit is tender at 350°Fabout 25-35 minutes.
- Note** I am putting the single pie time in the recipe because I have to choose one for the Recipezaar computer to accept this recipe.
- Serving size depends on number of pies made.
- I am giving the serving size for one single 2 crust pie.
- Double the serving size if making 2 pies.
I loved the crust. I don't wait to roll out crusts, I don't care if they are beautiful, just tasty. I pressed it into my pan immediately upon finishing mixing. The crust was flakey and tender and most of all, EASY. I will most assuredly use this recipe again.
Not very nice recipie even though i like the idea of a low fat pastry. Just tasted like oil and left my mouth feeling oily would not use again