Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My all time favorite bean salad, and there's no added fat!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (large stalks)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or small jar chopped pimentoes)
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain liquid from all canned beans and rinse with water in a colander. I usually use the canned beans with reduced sodium.
- Mix beans and chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, sugar , salt and pepper until steaming. Pour hot dressing over beans and vegetables. Mix.
- Chill for several hours or overnight to blend flavors.