Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Copy Kat Chat message board.
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh bread, for serving
- Add the oil to a saucepan.
- Heat until it is warm.
- Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper to the warm oil. Do not let the oil boil.
- After it has simmered for about 15 minutes, let it stand for a couple of hours.
- Strain the spices from the oil.
- Add a pinch of each spice to the oil before serving with crusty fresh bread.