This is from an older Betty Crocker cookbook. Makes great, flaky, delicate pie crusts. This is for a 2 crust 9" pie. Must use waxed paper to roll out. Patch tears or holes with leftover pieces. If something bad happens, don't re-roll - throw out and do over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a fork to mix. Mix flour and salt.
- 2Stir in oil until clumps are pea-sized.
- 3Add cold water and stir. Ok if it's gluey or clumpy.
- 4Roll slightly more than half out between waxed paper sheets to the size needed. Edge to edge wide.
- 5Peel paper off one side and replace, flip and peel off other side.
- 6Use bottom sheet of waxed paper to hold crust, Flip into pie plate. Very delicate - can't do much arranging.
- 7Patch holes or tears, Trim edge.
- 8Roll out rest of crust including trimmed pieces.
- 9Place on top of filling in crust, crimp edges, cut steam holes.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oil-Based Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g