Recipe by Sage
A terrific all-purpose dressing always in the refrigerator ready to garnish any salad. I recently added 4 strips of anchovies to the recipe and it is wonderful.
Top Review by Tebo
I eat a lot of salads so I use a lot of dressing (never buy them anymore with the abundant and terrific recipies here!!). I meant to add anchovies but forgot. Oh well, next time I will. Good dressing.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour lemon juice in measuring cup.
- Add enough vinegar to make 1/2 Cup of liquid. Combine lemon juice, vinegar, dry mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in blender.
- With motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil.
- For a creamier dressing, whisk in 1 Tbsp of mayonnaise and 1 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese to ½ Cup of dressing before tossing with greens.