Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My parents inherited this recipe when we adopted my Korean sister. As odd as it sounds, it's surprisingly good. I prefer it without the egg or sauces and just drizzle it with butter and my dad eats it with egg and tabasco sauce. It's a matter of personal taste.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup rice (before cooking)
- egg (optional)
- ketchup or soy sauce or Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook beef, potato, carrot and onion until done.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add rice and combine.
- Optional: Fry egg, like omelette, to serve over rice.
- Serve with ketchup, soy or tabasco sauce as desired.
I added 1 Tablespoon soy sauce while cooking and a dash of garlic powder. I think that the fried egg is what really brought it over the top.
Nice! I remember this from my 18 month tour in Korea back in the early 80's. Keeping it simple as I recall, I made this for my family and it was an instant hit. Add the soy, garlic, crushed red peppers to your liking, but prepare as described and it is orignal. Nicely done!
It was delicious, I added 3 crushed garlic cloves,2 Tbsp soy sause and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Thank you for posting.