Recipe by VonnieFL
The Japanese word for "soaking". This is the way many vegetables (broccoli, spinach, okra, etc.) are prepared.
- 1 lb of fresh Baby Spinach (rinsed, larger stems removed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 teaspoons lightly toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil spinach for only 2-3 minutes (until darker, but still firm). Drain and rinse with cold water to cool slightly. Hand squeeze all of hte water out fo rhte spinach.
- Pour water/soy sauce mix over the spinach and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the spinach again.
- Spread ovelaping leaves of the spinach leaves to out into on a rolling surface to approximate 10 x 10 inches. the leaves into a "jelly roll" shape like making sushi. After tightly rolling the leaves, use a sharp knife to slice to roll into sushi-size pieces. Top with seseme seeds.