Recipe by Leslie in Texas
Originally from an April 1979 issue of Bon Apetit magazine, this was in the R.S.V.P. requests and is from The Shaker Good Room restaurant in Spring Lake, Michigan.
- 2 large lemons, unpeeled, sliced paper thin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 (8 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemons and sugar in medium bowl. Allow to stand at room temperature at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line pie pan with bottom crust;drain lemon slices and arrange in pastry shell.
- Pour eggs over lemons; cover with remaining pastry.
- Flute edges and cut several small vents in top.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450°F; reduce heat to 350°F and bake 30 minutes more, until crust is deep golden brown.